Upon reading this privacy statement, you will know:
- The personally identifiable information that is collected from you through the website.
- The organization collecting the information.
- The manner in which the information is used.
- The parties with whom the information may be shared.
- The choices available to you regarding collection, use and distribution of the information.
- The kind of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under Canadian Directory Services’ control.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form.
- When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your: name, e mail address, mailing address, phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We also use Log files. Please refer to log file section
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To process your advertising registration
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To send periodic emails (The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order) Canadian Directory Services does however acknowledge that advertisers may choose on their own accord, to include their e-mail address in their advertisement posting and Canadian Directory Services accepts no responsibility and/or liability for such postings.
How do we protect your information?
Canadian Directory Services takes many precautions to protect our Clients' information. When Clients submit sensitive information via the website, information is protected both online and offline.
Although Canadian Directory Services has security precautions in place, to protect against loss, misuse or alteration of personal information under its control, we acknowledge that no security system is 100 % secure and cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit through or in connection with the website and accepts no responsibility and / or liability for any such disclosures of your personal information.
Online: We offer a secure login / password to access your advertising account. We do not see any sensitive credit card information online as all payment information is 100% re-directed to the Pay Pal website and not used on www.titlesearchers.ca whatsoever.
Offline: We also protect user information offline. All information related to our advertising clients is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific function (for example, our Account Administrator is granted access to personally identifiable information.) All our account databases are accessible only through password-protected interfaces. Finally, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment, behind a locked cage, at a third party hosting facility.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
Your personally identifiable information, whether public or private will not be sold, exchanged, transferred or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever by us, without your consent. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. We do however, publicly post on your behalf, your information as per your request on your registration form (except for e-mail addresses, unless directed by advertiser to post it on their behalf) for the express porpose of delivering the purchased advertisement service on the website www.titlesearchers.ca.
Corrections/Updating Personal Information
If our Advertisers’ personally identifiable information changes, or if an advertiser no longer desires our service, we will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove that user's information through their personal/company login section. This can be also be done by contacting our Administrator by telephone at (519) 634-9662.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
Do we use Log files:
Yes. A log file contains a record of activities that have occurred such as
- How many visitors came to the web site.
- How visitors browse your web site.
- Where visitors come from e.g. from which search engine or from other sites, from which country, accurate to cities.
- Which pages they viewed and which ones they ignored
- Whether a marketing campaign is successful, etc.
- How long visitors spent on your web site and each page
However, server logs typically do not collect user-specific information. These files are usually not accessible to general Internet users, only to the webmaster or other administrative person.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products , services or links on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our General Terms and Conditions section (as well as Advertiser contract for our advertised title searchers) establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at http://www.titlesearchers.ca.